From:
"Knutsen, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 10:03:53 -0400
In a properly designed system, you should not have stagnant water.  The flush is often times performed to clear the sample port on the downstream side of the valve. However, if you are flushing 20 liters of water before sampling, then the production personnel should also be flushing 20 liters before they use the water. Also, I am curious, do you measure the water volume that you are flushing, or do you flush by a certain time.

Chris Knutsen, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Microbiology
ABD
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
1 Squibb Drive
New Brunswick, NJ 08902
Tel : +1-732-227-5375
Fax: +1-732-227-3071
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
7asdf

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments.  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.