PMFLIST Archives

September 2019

From:
"Bromell, Carly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:04:09 +0000
Good Morning,

We use the Biolumix and Petrifilm in my lab.  Selection of method is determined based on the type of product being tested.

It is very important when using the Biolumix that you pH adjust your initial dilution to the proper range.  We have a handful of products that we cannot test using the Biolumix system because of pH and only 1 that we have seen interference with when using the Biolumix.

We have seen much more product interference with Petrifilm than with the Biolumix.  It is true that you get an actual count with Petrifilm as opposed to a pass/fail with the Biolumix.

Overall, we have had some issues while using the Biolumix, but the technical staff is very responsive and all issued were resolved quickly.  We don't have any plans of switching from the Biolumix to Petrifilm.

Hope this was helpful,
Carly