From:
"Geis, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:41:47 -0400
Zygosaccharomyces rouxii is an osmotolerant (also seen described as
zerotolerant)yeast and probably the most common spoilage organism in
that context.  It can grow at Aw's < 0.7 but specific limits depend on
solute and optimal growth is at > 0.9.

I've seen published as upper range ~80% for glucose and sucrose and 20%
for NaCl.  You might take a look at the very recent  Water Activity
Applications in the Pharmaceutical Industry edited by Dr. Cundell