From:
Chris Breuninger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:36:07 -0400
We do not use carboys with filters. However all of our products (vaccines & intermediates for vaccines) are transported in either big glass containers (40L) or stainless steel containers. Where it is necessary to have a vent filter on these containers, they are tested prior to and after use.

Chris Breuninger
Senior Manager
Microbiological Services
Wyeth Lederle Vaccines
Pearl River, NY

>>> Robin Lerchen <[log in to unmask]> 10/27 3:04 PM >>>
     I would like to survey the group on integrity testing of sterile
     filtered solution carboy air vent filters used for aseptic processing.
     Does anyone test these vent filters prior to sterilization, prior to
     use and/or after use?  The carboy, in our case, is located in a Class
     100 laminar flow area.

     Thank you in advance for your input.
     Robin Lerchen
     Microbiology Supervisor