PMFLIST Archives

September 2019

From:
Marc Glogovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2019 14:58:51 -0400
The recovery rates of a passive settle plate are not based on a 4 hour exposure, they are based on ANY exposure period not to exceed 4 hours.

How long a plate can be exposed depends on temperature in the room, RH, full level of the plate etc.  You should have a PQ done that demonstrates your maximum exposure period (again, under 4 hours is recommended), including microbial recovery after your determined incubation period.

Marc Glogovsky, MS, S.M. (NRCM)
Senior Consultant - Microbiology

918A Horseshoe Pike, Downingtown, PA 19335
P: 610.269.2808 | F: 610.269.4069
M: 609.432.1314 | valsource.com