From:
rfriedel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert R. Friedel
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:25:01 -0400
Goshko, M.A. "The Use of TTC in USP Plate Count Medium For Enumerating Low Levels of Bacteria From Insoluble Materials"

I believe this article is from Pharmaceutical Technology Magazine during the 1980's.

TTC (2,3,5-Triphenyltetrazolium chloride) is a redox indicator which when acted upon by microorganisms, forms the insoluble red pigment formazan.  The reaction is irreversible.  I have TTC in Motility Test Medium in the past with good results.

TTC 1% is available from BBL in 20 mL/tube.  The catalog # is 12237.

Robert R. Friedel
Quality Assurance Manager
Laboratory Research & Analysis Groups
Perritt Laboratories, Inc.