From:
Roger Dabbah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 08:49:30 -0400
Laura/Tony:

Is there any effect of microwave on the growth promotion of the microwaved media? And how many times can you microwave the same medium?

        Roger dabbah

>>> Laura Fay <[log in to unmask]> 06/30/99 06:04PM >>>
Tony,

In my lab we microwave one 100 mL bottle of TSA for 9 minutes at 10% power.
For two to three bottles, we increase the time to 12-15 minutes. We have
found that this is sufficient to gently liquefy the media without having it
boil out of the bottle.  But, just to be safe...I still put the bottles on
paper towels!

Regards,
Laura P. Fay