From:
Laura Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:05:22 PDT
Dr. Dabbah,

In our lab, we have qualified the use of our microwave to liquefy media and
have found that it has no effect on growth promotion results, as compared to
GPT of non-microwaved media.  Since our studies only looked at media that
was microwaved once, we simply discard any unused molten agar (which
explains why we only use 100 mL fills).

Regards,
Laura P. Fay