From:
Cindy Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:51:52 -0700
I am looking at some cosmetic preservatives and see gluconolactone and sodium benzoate (Geogard): the mode of action is said to be 'hurdle technology' where a more hostile environment is created. Can someone explain this mode of action further or point me to a site?

Cindy Jones, Ph.D., formulator, biochemist
Sagescript Institute, llc

Applied Biosystems, MicroSeq Microbial ID System - http://www.microseq.com/

Millipore - http://www.millipore.com

MODA Technology Partners - http://www.modatp.com