From:
David Carlberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 17:31:16 -0700
While it's true the antiseptic properties of the aliphatic alcohols increases with chain length (up to 10 C's anyway), I believe cost is the major factor. IPA is relatively inexpensive compared with the higher alcohols. Because of its volatility, to be used properly, IPA should be used generously to provide proper exposure time to items that are being decontaminated.

David Carlberg