PMFLIST Archives

February 2020

From:
Walter Mensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2020 15:03:02 +0000
We have seen this with membrane filtration using Pseudomonas isolation agar (PIA) when testing WIP water samples.  We have recovered other genus this way that were subsequently unable to grow when subcultured directly to the same batch of PIA.  It seems that the membrane was limiting the Irgasan™ component from fully inhibiting their growth.  It's become part of our standard process now to subculture this way before counting anything from that test as a Pseudomonad.

Walter Mensen