From:
"Shih, Katherine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:03:24 -0700
Laurent,

It seems to me, from what you have described, performing a total microbial
count is sufficient for your purpose.  Unless there are reasons to worry
about the presence of fungi, I would just follow the USP.  When you have a
very low viable count, the interference on the recovery of fungal colonies
by bacterial growth can be minimized.

Katherine Shih
Oread