PMFLIST Archives

December 2019

From:
Rick Jakober <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2019 18:58:20 +0000
That is incorrect for suitability. You must recover all 3 Bcc species as per USP <60>:

Suitability of the Test Method
"For each new product to be tested, perform the sample preparation as described in Testing of Products. At the time of mixing, add each test strain in the prescribed growth medium. Inoculate the test strains individually. Use a number of microorganisms equivalent to NMT 100 cfu in the inoculated test preparation.
Perform the test as described in Testing of Products, using the shortest incubation period prescribed. Bcc microorganisms must be detected with the indication reactions described in Interpretation."

Rick Jakober
Perritt Laboratories, Inc.