PMFLIST Archives

May 2011

PMFLIST@LISTS.MICROBIOLOGYNETWORK.COM

Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Subject:
From:
Vivek Bharambe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Pharmaceutical Microbiology Forum Email List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 17:34:23 +0530
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (180 lines)
Dear Hemant,

Befor doing this one needs to validate the holding time period of the media
If you are performing GP test. this means that even if you are using a
single lot of the media it needs to be discarded after certain time period
i.e. beyond the validated holding time period.

However one can proceed for without placeing positive controls for each test
in the single lot of media for each test.

And as Amruta said negative controls for each media lot/ type and sterile
water (if you use sterile water for filtering residue) are definitely
necessary.
Regards,
Vivek Bharambe
CQA - Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd.,
Mumbai


On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If you are performing GP test on each lot of media then it is not
> necessary to place positive controls for each test. Negative controls for
> each media lot/ type and sterile water (if you use sterile water for
> filtering residue) are definitely necessary.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From:
> hemant korade <[log in to unmask]>
> To:
> [log in to unmask]
> Date:
> 05/04/2011 08:15 AM
> Subject:
> [PMFLIST] About positive & negative control
> Sent by:
> The Pharmaceutical Microbiology Forum Email List
> <[log in to unmask]>
>
>
>
> Hi everybody
> Myself Hemant,my question is that,is it necessary to keep positive control
> everyday for water analysis as we are using the media within 4 days.&
> performing gpt at each load of media,
>                                 Thank you.
>
> ------------------
> The PMFList (http://microbiol.org/PMFList_info.htm) is operated from
> The Microbiology Network (http://microbiol.org) and supported by
> our sponsors (http://microbiol.org/sponsor.htm) as a service to
> the scientific community.
>
> Please take a second to visit our sponsors' web sites and say thank you
> for their support of this service.
>
> Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com
>
> American Type Culture Collection - http://www.atcc.org
>
> BD Diagnostic Systems - http://www.bd.com/ds/
>
> Biolog - http://www.biolog.com
>
> Biomerieux - http://industry.biomerieux-usa.com
>
> Biotest - http://www.BiotestUSA.com/micro<http://www.biotestusa.com/micro>
>
> MicroBioLogics, Inc. - http://www.microbiologics.com
>
> Millipore - http://www.millipore.com
>
> MODA Technology Partners: now a LONZA company http://lonza.com/moda
>
> Pall - http://www.pall.com
>
> NovaTek International - http://www.ntint.com
>
> Rapid Micro Biosystems - http://www.rapidmicrobio.com  (formerly GPS)
>
> Veltek Associates, Inc - http://www.sterile.com
>
> =================================
> The nature of this service is to provide a medium for communication.  The
> specific statements and endorsements of individuals participating in the
> discussions are not necessarily those of The Microbiology Network, Inc.,
> the PMF, or the sponsors of the list.
>
>
>
>
>
> [This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or
> proprietary information of Eisai. If you believe that it has been sent to
> you in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message
> including any attachments, without copying, using, or distributing any of
> the information contained therein. This e-mail message should not be
> interpreted to include a digital or electronic signature that can be used to
> authenticate an agreement, contract or other legal document, nor to reflect
> an intention to be bound to any legally-binding agreement or contract.]
>
> ------------------
> The PMFList (http://microbiol.org/PMFList_info.htm) is operated from
> The Microbiology Network (http://microbiol.org) and supported by
> our sponsors (http://microbiol.org/sponsor.htm) as a service to
> the scientific community.
>
> Please take a second to visit our sponsors' web sites and say thank you for
> their support of this service.
>
> Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com
>
> American Type Culture Collection - http://www.atcc.org
>
> BD Diagnostic Systems - http://www.bd.com/ds/
>
> Biolog - http://www.biolog.com
>
> Biomerieux - http://industry.biomerieux-usa.com
>
> Biotest - http://www.BiotestUSA.com/micro<http://www.biotestusa.com/micro>
>
> MicroBioLogics, Inc. - http://www.microbiologics.com
>
>  MODA Technology Partners: now a LONZA company http://lonza.com/moda
>
> Pall - http://www.pall.com
>
> NovaTek International - http://www.ntint.com
>
> Rapid Micro Biosystems - http://www.rapidmicrobio.com  (formerly GPS)
>
> Veltek Associates, Inc - http://www.sterile.com
>
> =================================
> The nature of this service is to provide a medium for communication.  The
> specific statements and endorsements of individuals participating in the
> discussions are not necessarily those of The Microbiology Network, Inc., the
> PMF, or the sponsors of the list.
>

------------------
The PMFList (http://microbiol.org/PMFList_info.htm) is operated from
The Microbiology Network (http://microbiol.org) and supported by
our sponsors (http://microbiol.org/sponsor.htm) as a service to
the scientific community.

Please take a second to visit our sponsors' web sites and say thank you for their support of this service.

Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com

American Type Culture Collection - http://www.atcc.org

BD Diagnostic Systems - http://www.bd.com/ds/

Biolog - http://www.biolog.com

Biomerieux - http://industry.biomerieux-usa.com

Biotest - http://www.BiotestUSA.com/micro

MicroBioLogics, Inc. - http://www.microbiologics.com

MODA Technology Partners: now a LONZA company http://lonza.com/moda

Pall - http://www.pall.com

NovaTek International - http://www.ntint.com

Rapid Micro Biosystems - http://www.rapidmicrobio.com  (formerly GPS)

Veltek Associates, Inc - http://www.sterile.com

=================================
The nature of this service is to provide a medium for communication.  The specific statements and endorsements of individuals participating in the discussions are not necessarily those of The Microbiology Network, Inc., the PMF, or the sponsors of the list.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2