PMFLIST Archives

December 2002

From:
Jarrod O'Leary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:52:13 EST
Dear Forum:

A colleague of mine has a dilemma and was looking for some assistance. She
has a mineral oil based ointment in which the actives are in a suspension
(one of which is an antibiotic). The antibiotic can be neutralized. However,
the ointment will not pass through a membrane even with the addition of IPM
and/or a surfactant. They want pass/fail for P. aeruginosa / S. aureus and to
quantitate any yeast / molds that may be in the ointment. My suggestions have
not proven successful. Do you have any suggestions I may pass on??

Regards,

Jarrod D. O'Leary

AAI - http://www.aaiintl.com/Micro.htm
Accugenix - http://www.accugenix.com/