From:
Jovan Rankov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2019 14:04:17 +0000
Dear forum,

This a correction of my query, to avoid confusion.
Recently in our microlab we obrained growth of strictly aerobic species in our anaerobic jars. We then tested our anaerobic jars (with oxygen indicators) by incubating strictly aerobic species from our library of isolates, and we obtained full growth on all petri dishes. Indicators suggested that the atmosphere was anaerobic after a few hours. We even sent our strains to genetic ID and got the same results - species are strictly aerobic (Micrococcus luteus, Acinetobacter lwoffii).

In GP test we use these jars for anaerobic strains and we do obtain growth of strictly anaerobic strains regularly (Clostridium spp.).

We tested old and new jars, lids were tight, indicators were within shelf life, everything seemed allright.

Does anyone else think this is weird? How would you proceed?

Jovan
QC Microbiologist

Odricanje od odgovornosti:
Ovaj dokument namenjen je samo licima kojima je upu?en i za pozivanje na isti od strane bilo kog lica, neophodna je naknadna pismena potvrda njegovog sad?aja. Shodno tome, HEMOFARM A.D. Vrsac odrice svaku odgovornost i ne prihvata bilo kakvu obavezu (uklju?ujuci slu?aj nepa?nje) za posledice koje moze pretpeti bilo koje lice zbog ?injenja ili ne?injenja na bazi takve informacije pre nego ?to takva lica prime dodatnu pismenu potrvdu. Ukoliko ste gre?kom primili ovu elektronsku poruku, uni?tite i izbri?ite istu sa va?eg ra?unara. Svako umno?avanje, ?irenje, kopiranje, obelodanjivanje, izmena, distribucija i/ili objavljivanje ove elektronske poruke je strogo zabranjeno.Sadr?aj ove elektronske poruke ne predstavlja nu?no stavove HEMOFARM A.D. Vrsac.

Disclaimer:
This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed and is not intended to be relied upon by any person without subsequent written confirmation of its contents. Accordingly, HEMOFARM A.D. Vrsac, disclaims all responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for the consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written confirmation. If you have received this E-mail message in error, destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited. The contents of this e-mail do not necessarily represent the views of the HEMOFARM A.D. Vrsac.