From:
Robert Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2019 16:14:54 +0000
Jovan,

Hello. In answer to your question:

Strict Aerobes will not grow in anaerobic conditions.

Unless the M.luteus was already very well established it could not have colonised any petri plate significantly enough under the conditions mentioned.

Therefore your conditions could not have been anaerobic regardless of what your indicator told you.

I suggest that you revisit your procedure and have the same people perform the tests with obligate anaerobes.

This could be an issue of technique supported by the false belief that the conditions in your jar are, and remain anaerobic.

We can discuss this more if you message me directly.

Regards

Robert Ryan

Pharmaceutical Microbiologist

Thornton and Ross Ltd - Part of the STADA Group.