From:
Donald English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:56:26 -0500
Dear Evangelia,

No one used a correction factor to determine the number of organisms that is present on a surface after conducting swabbing of a surface.  I know that there was an article published several years ago in which the microbial recovery of swabs was between 30 and 60 % from a surface.  Factors affecting the recovery ranged from the type of material being used for the swab, amount of force applied to the swab onto a surface and other reasons.

I have never seen a swab to be able to recover 80% of the organisms that is present on a surface.  If you have a peer reviewed reference for this recovery rate, please provide.

Regards,
Don

Florham Park, New Jersey 07932
Sent from my iPhone