PMFLIST Archives

June 2020

From:
Donald English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 12:15:27 -0400
Hi Phil,

I agree with most other of the other comments that people had previously provided.

From my perspective, I think that it is important for students to have basic understanding in how to biochemically identify microorganisms such as bacteria and how to use 16s rRNA sequencing to do mold identification since identification of molds by looking at reproductive structures under a microscope is no longer taught to students.

In addition, I think that it is important for students to have a basic understanding of chemistry to understand how to add preservatives to a product formulation so that a product formulation is adequately preserved against microbial contamination during consumer usage.

Students should at least be aware what are cGMPs .

Regards,
Don

Florham Park, New Jersey 07932

Sent from my iPhone