From:
"MICHAEL CARROLL (Sr. QA Mgr., Osteotech, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:40:33 -0500
     I've seen reports from some smaller studies done in-house a couple of
     years ago, and my recollection is that "equivalency" is not a term you
     can use really well between swabs and RODAC's....... swabs, including
     alginate or "Culturette" types, run two to three LOGS lower in
     recovery than RODAC plates. Sorry about that, but that's what we saw-
        M.Carroll ([log in to unmask])