From:
Donald English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2020 12:03:51 -0400
Dear Henry,

Heating a sample aliquot to a temperature to be no more than 45C will not
break apart an oil-in-water product emulsion.  It is normal to use
temperatures higher than 45C to form oil-in-water product emulsions during
compounding. Preservatives are usually added to an oil-in-water  product
formulation after post emulsification temperatures.

I do agree that sometimes heating certain raw ingredients with a poor water
solubility to a temperature of 45C will aid in dissolving them in the water
phase of a product formulation.  Parabens are an example of a raw
ingredient that can be added to the water phase of a product formulation by
using heat.

Don

Florham Park, New Jersey 07932