PMFLIST Archives

February 2020

Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2020 17:09:03 +0100
Dear Digvijay Gautam,

I would suggest to refer on the historical data of the water system within
an risk analysis. In relation to maintenance work and perhaps online
monitoring of some parameters, it may be possible to reduce
the testing frequency.

A possible way could be:        Every week only a quarter of all sampling
points (spread over the whole system) will be sampled (+ return flow/s +
feed water). So every four weeks every sampling point
                                is meassured. Therefor historical data has
to document, that every sampling point is representatvive for the good
quality of the water in the loops. Normally this should
                                be already shown with the qualification
data (PQ-phase I, II & III) of the system.

If you do not have historical and qualification data to verify the
consistent good state of your system, I would not suggest to reduce the
testing frequency. Please consider, that water is one of the most
critical aspects in pharmacy.

With kind regards

i.A. Mario Schüngel
Manager Environmental Monitoring