PMFLIST Archives

December 2015

From:
Azeb Amsalu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2015 17:31:59 -0500
You can use USP 2021 if the product is dietary supplement or USP 61 if not
considered as dietary supplement.

Regards,
Azeb Amsalu
Microbiology Lab Manager
Aloe Vera of America
13745 Jupiter Road
 Dallas, Texas 75238
(214)355-5400

From:   Bridget R Newman <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]
Date:   12/09/2015 03:56 PM
Subject:        [PMFLIST] micro burden in gelatin or soft shell capsules
Sent by:        The Pharmaceutical Microbiology Forum Email List

I am a chemist with limited micro background and hope someone can help me
out.  I was wondering what does the industry think of testing gelatin or
soft shell capsules for micro burden.  Do they allow bacteria to grow more
rapidly than hard shell? What test would need to be performed? Please let
me know if there is some literature out there that can help me.

Thanks again,
Bridget

Bridget R. Newman  | Associate Chemist III |
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> |
763-315-2386
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. | 6701 Evenstad Drive | Maple Grove | MN |
55369

for their support of this service.

Accugen Laboratories - http://accugenlabs.com

Analytical Research Labs - http://arlok.com/

Life Technologies - http://www.lifetechnologies.com/PharmaAnalytics

Charles River-Endosafe and Accugenix - http://www.criver.com/emd

ATS Labs - http://www.ats-labs.com

discussions are not necessarily those of The Microbiology Network, Inc.,
the PMF, or the sponsors of the list.