From:
Amira Ranica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2019 06:06:20 -0400
Hello forum members,

we are validating test for disinfectant (chlorhexidine) according to BAS EN 13624 (Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics. Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of fungicidal or yeasticidal activity in the medical area. Test method and requirements phase 2, step 1).

We are stuck with A.brasiliensis and getting the count: 1,5 - 5,0 (10 to the power of 8).
m.o. used: A.brasiliensis 16404 (ThermoScientific).

Did you have similar problems with getting this count for A.brasiliensis?
We tried to measure Aps. on a spectrophotometar (Cary 50) of a 10-1 dilution, but still can't get that count.

Best regards,
Amira Ranica