From:
Tony Cundell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:18:46 -0400
Pravin,

The USP <61> states the following:

Growth Promotion of the Media
Test each batch of ready-prepared medium and each batch of medium prepared
either from dehydrated medium or from the ingredients described.
Inoculate portions/plates of *Soybean–Casein Digest Broth* and *Soybean–Casein
Digest Agar* with a small number (not more than 100 cfu) of the
microorganisms indicated in Table 1 <https://online.uspnf.com/uspnf#C61-TB1>,
using a separate portion/plate of medium for each. Inoculate plates of
*Sabouraud
Dextrose Agar* with a small number (not more than 100 cfu) of the
microorganisms indicated in Table 1 <https://online.uspnf.com/uspnf#C61-TB1>,
using a separate plate of medium for each. Incubate according to the
conditions described in Table 1 <https://online.uspnf.com/uspnf#C61-TB1>.

When using the test we use a single plate for membrane filtration test,
duplicate plated for a pour plate test and three or five tubes for a MPN
test. However, the section of the chapter does not specify the same number
of plates or tubes as in the test so using one plate or tube for growth
promotion testing would meet the requirements of the test.

Tony

--
Tony Cundell, Ph. D.
Consulting Microbiologist