PMFLIST Archives

February 2020

From:
Stephen Langille <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 09:46:02 -0500
Devendra,

It's not clear if you're looking for visible or subvisible particulate matter but I would advise using a membrane filtration method, possibly combined with pre-filtration dilution in terminally filtered water, followed by manual particle counting.  If you're only looking for visible particulate matter, you may be able to transfer the diluted product to a clear particle free container for visual inspection without the need for the filtration step.

Good luck,

Steve Langille
Senior Microbiology Consultant
918A Horseshoe Pike, Downingtown, PA 19335
P: 610.269.2808 | F: 610.269.4069