From:
rfriedel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert R. Friedel
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 09:31:37 -0500
Re: Cleaning containers

References of interest:

Compendium of  Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods.
edited by Vanderzant, C. and D.F. Splittstoesser (1992) .

Favero, M.S. et al. (1984) “Environmental Monitoring Procedures”, In:
Compendium of  Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods, Speck,
M.L. (ed.), 2nd ed.,  Chapter 3, pp. 47-61.

Cannon, R.Y. et al. (1985) “Microbiological Tests for Equipment, Containers,
Water and Air”,  In: Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products,
Marshall, R.T. (ed.), 15th  ed., Chapter 15, pp. 289-304.

Hichey, P.J. et al. (1992) “Microbiological Tests for Equipment, Containers,
Water, and Air”, In:  Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy
Products, Marshall, R.T. (ed.), 16th ed.,  Chapter 13, pp. 397-412.

Niskanen, A. and M.S. Pohja (1977) “Comparative Studies on the Sampling and
Investigation of  Microbial Contamination of Surfaces by the Contact Plate
and Swab Methods”, J. Appl.  Bacteriol., Vol. 42, pp. 53-63.

Favero, M.S. et al. (1968) “Microbiological Sampling of Surfaces”, J. Appl.
Bacteriol., Vol. 31,  pp. 336-343.

Anon. (1996) “Biocontamination Control.  Guidance on Methods for Measuring
Biocontamination of Surfaces”, ISO/CD 14698-1, Annex D—Informative, pp.
22-23.

Robert R. Friedel
(formerly Research Microbiologist, Whitehall-Robins Healthcare)
Quality Assurance Manager
Laboratory Research & Analysis Groups
Perritt Laboratories, Inc.