From:
Clare MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 09:15:37 +0200
Carol

Environmental Monitoring is usually done according to the class/zone of the
area (as this will tell you what samples to take and what the recommended
limits are ) - what zone/class is your packing hall ?

The classes usually a - d, where preparation of components and solutions
for filling and filling activities take place.

Thanx Clare MacLeod
Bodene Microbiology Laboratory

                    Carol Lihs
                    <Carol.A.Lihs        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    @SB.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: The         Subject:     [PMFLIST] RODAC plates
                    Pharmaceutica
                    Microbiology
                    Mail List
                    <PMFLIST@MICR
                    OBIOL.ORG>

                    05/02/01
                    10:11 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    The
                    Pharmaceutica
                    Microbiology
                    Mail List

Greetings to all--

     Can anyone see the advantage to  doing RODAC plates on walls in a
packaging
area for a non-sterile solid oral dosage form?  I really think that air
sampling
would give more valuable results in this situation but I can't seem to get
my
point across.  I'm discussing this with some non-microbiologists who are (I
think) confusing  our packaging area with a Class 100 Clean Room.  Help,  I
really need some opinions from the experts.

          Carol Lihs
          Sr. Microbiologist
          GlaxoSmithKline