From:
Daniel Hand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2019 16:44:09 +0000
Hi Gabrielle,

This sounds like a b.s. recommendation to me with not much rooting in biology.  Let's say a microbe is present in a vial and proliferates up to day five of incubation resulting in visible turbidity.  Even if all those little buggers die off on day six and lyse rendering them non-viable, there would still be a residue (at the very least) that would settle to the bottom of the vial that could be resuspended via shaking resulting in visible turbidity.  I'm curious what others think.

All the best,
Daniel Hand