From:
Timothy Cser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2020 16:08:46 +0000
Hi Chavella.  Sterile Isopropyl myristate is used as a non-toxic solvent for some substances.  It’s indicated in USP 71 for sterility testing as an option.

Tim Cser
MilliporeSigma
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany

> On Jul 7, 2020, at 7:04 AM, Chavella Giolina <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear forum,
> I work for a cosmetic company and I carry out challenge testing on "oil in water" emulsions. There is a need to perform challenge tests on "water in oil" products. I use a rich broth that contains polysorbate 80 at a concentration of 5%. Although the Method Suitability test shows that the concentration of polysorbate in the broth is suitable for testing these "water in oil" emulsions, I cannot see the product being dissolved in the broth. Is it possible to tell me how they could be dissolved?
> Any thoughts would be grateful,
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Giolina Chavella
>

> ------------------
> The PMFList is supported by our sponsors as a service to the scientific community.

> Steris - https://clicktime.symantec.com/3CiQDDLUgm63Z7jbJEttPTs6H2?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sterislifesciences.com%2F
>
> Charles River Laboratories - https://clicktime.symantec.com/3D7zb7uyfQgcwJjBSezcVVZ6H2?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww2.criver.com%2Fl%2F60962%2F2020-03-27%2Fh6jqv6
>
> Veltek Associates, Inc - https://clicktime.symantec.com/3JcEMcGVXwobNQgv4WJvZtX6H2?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sterile.com
>
> Microbiologics, Inc. - https://clicktime.symantec.com/3XmU12k9Mib6QiRgfvupsNL6H2?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microbiologics.com
>
> BD Industrial Media - https://clicktime.symantec.com/3C6CaXXBPB3rDwpjhgJZ2yA6H2?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bd.com%2Fds%2F
>
> Associates of Cape Cod, Inc. - https://clicktime.symantec.com/3RgtVwFwH11qFYzEugCTpD76H2?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acciusa.com%2F

> The nature of this service is to provide a medium for communication.  The specific statements and endorsements of individuals participating in the discussions are not necessarily those of the PMF or the sponsors of the list.

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.