From:
David Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:34:09 +0000
We have a product that is being tested for "final product sterility" so the product is incubated for 7 days then tested for contamination. The issue is that the product develops a positive pressure inside its container so can create an aerosol as it depressurizes on opening. We are looking to perform growth promotion testing with the standard USP organisms so we anticipate A brasiliensis will have developed spores that may be released into the BSC on opening the container.
Our assumption is that the release of spores into the BSC is not desirable so we are looking for ways to address the issue and perform the test. Has anyone come across this issue and found a way around it?

David

This message and any attachments are intended solely for the named addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, copyrighted, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete the message. Thank you.