PMFLIST Archives

June 2020

From:
Lakshmi Sadasivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:34:47 -0400
You can keep your working cultures and media in the same refrigerators.  We
keep our cultures  plates separated by placing inside a ziploc bags and put
them inside a clean covered plastic shoebox. We keep fungal plates separate
from bacterial plates in two different boxes.

Also,  as you know, bacterial cultures does not become airborne.  Fungal
plates if kept closed inside a ziploc bag  within a box, can not release
spores in the refrigerator.

so, one can safely keep media and cultures in one place.

Lakshmi Sadasivan