From:
Tony Cundell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2020 11:27:19 -0400
Gilman,

Bacteriophages are highly specific for a bacterial strain so other bacteria
handled in the lab will not be susceptible.

As bacteriophage contamination can be spread from the testing laboratory to
the manufacturing facility contaminating the bacterial cultures used in
your biopharmaceutical production.

What are you using the bacteriophage for in the lab? Is it for method
suitability or as a positive control? Options are using containment like a
biological safety cabinet or an isolator, using UV light to decontaminate
work surfaces or moving the testing to a contract testing lab.

Tony

--
Tony Cundell, Ph. D.
Consulting Microbiologist