From:
Roger Dabbah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:31:38 -0400
Abbe:

You are asking for a "  mouthful(pun intended)"!!!
We do have in USP23 a number of methods that could be applied to toothpaste and other oral care products. These are the chapters on microbial limits, antimicrobial effectiveness testing and similar ones.

However for the Cosmetics and Toiletries type of product I will suggest that you contact CTFA which is an asociation (trade association) that deals with these products. You can contact Dr. Joyce Graf at (202)331-1770 in Washington ,DC who can give you more info on the subject. Actually, CTFA has a microbiological manual available.
Let me know if you need additional information

      Roger Dabbah,USP

>>> Abbe Damrow <[log in to unmask]> 07/07/99 06:44PM >>>
I am looking for specific information regarding pharmaceutical microbiology and oral care products ie. toothpaste.  I require information on regulations, what bugs are significant, standard methodology etc.  Any help me with this would be truly appreciated.