PMFLIST Archives

February 2020

From:
Rick Jakober <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:39:25 +0000
Hi Barry,

You could always try to use a version of the JP General Information, G8 Water Quality Control of Water for Pharmaceutical Use under the R2A growth promotion testing. You would be using the Bcc cultures instead of the M. extorquens and P. fluorescens cultures:

4.4.2. Media Growth Promotion Test
	In the media growth promotion test with the R2A Agar
	Medium, use the strains listed below or other strains considered equivalent to these strains. Prior to the test, inoculate
	these strains into sterile purified water and starve them at
	20 - 25C for 3 days.
	Methylobacterium extorquens: NBRC 15911
	Pseudomonas fluorescens: NBRC 15842, ATCC 17386,
	etc.
	Dilute the fluid containing the strain starved with sterile
	purified water to prepare a fluid containing about 5  101 -
	2  102 CFU/mL of viable counts. When pipetting 1 mL of
	the diluted fluid onto the R2A Agar Medium and incubating
	at 20 - 25C for 4 - 7 days, sufficient proliferation of the inoculated strain must be observed.

I would test them at both 20-25C and 30-35C and do a comparative study on best recoveries.

Rick Jakober
Perritt Laboratories, Inc.