From:
Jeanne Moldenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 10:10:44 -0500
Maroof

Porous materials refers to those items which hold air, like filter
housings, sponges, bell jars, etc.  Non-porous items do not hold air.

The sterilization parameters may be different between the two cycles, due
to the methods you need to use to remove the air from the porous items.  It
may need greater vacuum/pulse cycles to remove all of the air.  Once the
air is sufficiently removed, the two types of loads should have similar
needs for heating and sterilization.

Jeanne