From:
Joel Russo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:01:54 -0500
Media fills aside, one thing that I would avoid in incubating EM plates would be something like a 2d incubation at 30-35 and then calling it quits, especially without any qualification or validation data that strongly supports a scheme like this.  For two reasons: 1) USP <1116> specifically dictates to not do that (72h minimum for nonselective media); and 2) if you were doing that, one would basically be flying blind in the contamination control of their overall facility.  Stressed molds that are picked up in cleanrooms via sampling would not consistently or adequately grow out in 2d, and there would be a Significant question of whether or not data sets obtained amount to nothing more than a history of false negatives.

Best,
Joel