Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 08:02:16 +0200
Monica

In my previous position we used a pinocchio sampler from PBI in Italy,
simple, robust, you can sterilise most of it including the sampling head,
it has no electronics at all for operation (plug into source and sample)
and at the time (2006) it cost only R 18,000.00, the only issue we had was
that we could not calibrate the flow meter to 100 l/minute but only to
50l/minute which mean't 20 minutes for each sample, you can get around
that by asking from the supplier for a calibration certificate upfront and
perhaps get a second flowmeter which you can send to them for
re-calibration yearly, if you cannot get it done in your Argentina.

Else, you just calibrate it yearly locally, one other thing is if you need
to validate it you will have problems as one needs a chamber to inoculate
aerosols so that you can get the aspiratable count, this I am sure PBI can
also provide for you.

Best Regards

Fausto de Paula e Silva
Microbiology Laboratory Manager