From:
Axel Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 17:01:35 +0200
 Dear Ali,
A view in the basic literature shows the following antimicrobial activity:
Methanol < Ethanol < iso-Propanol < n-Propanol
Comparable effectiveness of Ethanol 77% - iso-Propanol 60% -n-Propanol 42%
Some countries prefer ethanol, but in some countries,  for non methylated ethanol you must pay a lot of tax and you got maybe residues um the sanitized surfaces if you use methylated ethanol, so that there is used IPA.
Best regards
Axel