From:
Connie Hillenbrand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2011 13:24:40 -0400
Dear Forum Members,

Could you tell me if you know of any reason that the use of Letheen as a neutralizer would interfere with Suitability recovery in USP <62> Bile Tolerant Gram Negative Bacteria testing using E. coli as the indicator organism?

We have had difficulty with this test over the course of various product Suitabilities using dilutions up to 1:100 by Membrane Filtration, so it does not seem to be related to the material under test. The most confusing aspect for me is that we have no difficulty recovering E. coli under its specific test method.

We do not do this testing in-house but utilize the services of a contract lab for Microbiological testing, so I am not familiar with every detail of the testing. If anyone else has had these difficulties or know of anything that might be inhibiting growth, could you please let me know?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Connie Hillenbrand

If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient(s), please be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. Johnson Matthey Inc. has its main place of business at

435 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA, 19087 USA

While Johnson Matthey aims to keep its network free from viruses you should note that we are unable to scan certain emails, particularly if any part is encrypted or password-protected, and accordingly you are strongly advised to check this email and any attachments for viruses. The company shall NOT ACCEPT any liability with regard to computer viruses transferred by way of email.

Please note that your communication may be monitored in accordance with Johnson Matthey internal policy documentation.

Millipore - http://www.millipore.com