PMFLIST Archives

March 2020

Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 01:30:10 GMT
Hi Joan, It will help if the source is identified and eliminated- but as for remedial disinfection, hypochlorite or a chlorine dioxide type sporicide (SporKlens?) is probably best- allowing sufficient contact time. Peroxide vapor is highly effective within a contained space, such as an isolator, but it is still a surface disinfectant and it's tough to get the right concentrations into every nook and cranny of a larger facility. Have you seen any increase in mold isolates during this same time period? This might help you zero in on sources-Good luck- Michael [log in to unmask]  Dear Forum,I would be interested to know how others are handling Bacillus spore contaminations in your facilities? We have been experiencing a persistent contamination occurence of certain Bacillus cereus group bacterium in several locations,   but the origin / root cause is not yet clear. If others have had similar issues, I would appreciate your insight. What kind of sporicides did you use, e.g. Sodium hypochlorite (5000 ppm) or hydrogen peroxide (6 %). What about hydrogen peroxide vapour (6%)?Kind regards, Joan