PMFLIST Archives

June 2020

From:
Donald English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 18:37:04 -0400
Dear Maggie,

Besides using a chelating agent such as Disodium EDTA that Rick had recommrended, Trypticase Soy Broth plus Polysorbate 80 (1.5% v/v) and Lecithin (0. 07% v/v) had been used to inactivate the antimicrobial activity of copper in the following paper:

Montero, D.A. et. al.  Antimicrobial properties of a novel copper-based composite coating with potential  for use in healthcare facilities.  Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control (2019) 8:3.

I remember doing fabric antimicrobial neutralization studies in which copper had been imbedded to control odor-causing bacteria for deodorizing studies and used Trypticase Soy Broth with 4% Polysorbate 20, 0.5% Soy Lecithin and 0.2% Disodium EDTA as the neutralizing broth.

Regards,
Don

Florham Park, New Jersey 07932

Sent from my iPhone