From:
Donald English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2020 10:30:14 -0400
Water isolates are generally stressed due to the low nutrient conditions.  If you use a high nutrient microbial growth media like SCDA as the initial recovery agar, it may inhibit the isolation of these nutrient stressed organisms giving  a false negative test result.  For this reason, it is normal practice to use R2A and Plate Count Agar that are low nutrient microbial growth agars to isolate organisms from purified water systems.

Don

Florham Park, New Jersey 07932
Sent from my iPhone