From:
Kate Ambrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 10:37:18 -0700
We used to use 600 nm. There were some discussion earlier where people use about 450 nm, but you can establish a workable absorbance range at whatever wavelenght works for you. Just remember that the spec reading is an estimate only - you still need to do a plate count method to establish the actual counts every time you use your suspension. And you need to read the 1:10 dilution of the suspension, otherwise it is too black to be read.

Good luck,

Kate Ambrus