From:
Timothy Cser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2019 14:58:54 +0000
Hi Reuven.  The thinking is similar to validating 1 TSA plate in EM at 2 incubation conditions, this allows for optimal mold growth prior to microbial growth taking over.  With CFU numbers so low, I'm not sure it matters but I imagine if you have found mold in your facility, this could make a difference.  Here's a presentation by Tim Sandle that does a good job of explaining the rationale and the possible outcomes.

https://www.pharmig.org.uk/en/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/11.30-12.15-Tim-Sandle-Incubation-strategies-for-EM-A6YdWH7Tvwey.pdf

Sincerely,

Tim Cser
MilliporeSigma