PMFLIST Archives

December 2015

From:
Bridget R Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2015 17:57:51 +0000
I am a chemist with limited micro background and hope someone can help me out.  I was wondering what does the industry think of testing gelatin or soft shell capsules for micro burden.  Do they allow bacteria to grow more rapidly than hard shell? What test would need to be performed? Please let me know if there is some literature out there that can help me.

Thanks again,
Bridget

Bridget R. Newman  | Associate Chemist III | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 763-315-2386
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. | 6701 Evenstad Drive | Maple Grove | MN | 55369

Accugen Laboratories - http://accugenlabs.com

Analytical Research Labs - http://arlok.com/

Life Technologies - http://www.lifetechnologies.com/PharmaAnalytics

Charles River-Endosafe and Accugenix - http://www.criver.com/emd