PMFLIST Archives

March 2020

From:
Jeanne Moldenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:06:20 -0500
Running a loop alone at 80 deg C is NOT sufficient to prevent biofilms.

Some typical biofilm agents are strong chemicals or ozone  Ozone can be
routinely added to water and removed as part of the process.  There is a
lot of literature from ISPE and Nissan Cohan recommending this to prevent
biofilms.

Strong chemicals work, but may be corrosive and create more nooks and
cranny's that make nice homes for new biofilms.

Jeanne Moldenhauer