From:
Donald English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2019 16:02:10 -0400
Dear Amira,

For your information, Chlorhexidine does not have sporicidal activity.  See the following reference:

McDonnell, G and Russell, A.D.  Antiseptics and Disinfectants: Activity, Action and Resistance. Clinton. Micro. Rev. 1999, 147-179.

I do not understand as to why you are not obtaining a count for your Aspergillus braseliensis spore suspension.  Are you sure that you are dealing with an Aspergillus braselinesis spore suspension?

When conducting validation testing for a disinfectant, you have to understand that not every active ingredient in a disinfectant will have sporicidal activity.  By having this understanding by knowing which ingredients have activity against different types of organisms, it helps in conducting unnecessary work.

Regards,
Don

Florham Park, New Jersey 07932

Sent from my iPhone