PSDGLIST Archives

May 2008

PSDGLIST@LISTS.MICROBIOLOGYNETWORK.COM

From:
Cindy Bach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 13:27:06 -0500
Hi Everyone,
We polled this subject quickly at the end of the PSDG in May and I
reviewed the PSDG archives for items related to this subject, but I
still need some clarification for my management about company policies
on sample analysis time.  What are some typical turnaround times from
the date samples are removed from the chamber to the date the samples
are analyzed (assigned assay date).  Please note your definition of
assay date and if your response is from an R&D or QC perspective.  With
your replies, please indicate if this information is contained within an
SOP and if you monitor the number tested within the target window.

My Information:

I am from R&D, and our unit SOP for analysis of routine stability
samples has a sliding scale for target analysis times based upon the age
of the sample when it is pulled from the chamber.  The date assayed is
defined in our SOP as the date the sample was prepared (i.e. removed
from the original container for dilution, colorization, etc.)

- 1 week for samples <= 4 weeks old
- 3 weeks for samples  > 4 weeks old, but <= 13 weeks old
- 4 weeks for samples > 13 weeks old

Within that same SOP, we set a two week target for review of the
analyst's work by the supervisor.  We run a weekly report to determine
the number of samples that were assayed and reviewed by their respective
target due dates.

Thanks,
Cindy

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.

The PSDGList (http://microbiol.org/psdglist.htm) is operated from The Microbiology Network (http://www.microbiol.org) and supported by
our sponsors as a service to the scientific community.   Please take a second to visit our sponsors' web sites and say thank you for their support of this service.

Computer Aided Solutions - http://www.computeraidedsolutions.com

Luwa Environmental Specialties, LLC - http://www.luwaes.com

Vectech Pharmaceutical Consultants, Inc - http://www.vectech.com