PSDGLIST Archives

July 2018

PSDGLIST@LISTS.MICROBIOLOGYNETWORK.COM

Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2018 11:12:45 -0400
Hello Martin,

30 days has been an interval the FDA uses a lot.  While it does not appear in their documents as a requirement, it has become their "expectation" and they apply it in 483's and Warning Letters (particularly for time between sample pull and testing) as if it had the weight of a Guidance provision.  This seems to be a key driver in decisions to use the 30 day standard.  I have not heard of manufacturing climate-driven start of study time frames, but it does make sense to keep the time between manufacturing and start of stability to a minimum if there is concern that the product is significantly sensitive to the environment.

Regards,
John O'Neill
Nagano Sciences USA